Wednesday 21 March 2012

Writing Response #2

We have started writing a moment which had a significant impact on our lives. I decided to write about when I was first diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. For the most part it was a fairly traumatizing memory but I've adapted to the changes. We are expected to use detail in our stories but not to directly tell the audience the emotions that took place at that specific time. We are encouraged to show our emotions by explaining them using senses such as sight, smell, hear and feel. This method is used to help the reader imagine taking place in the story. The description of how something smells, looks, sounds or feels is more informative than just saying it. I personally enjoy  reading articles, novels, etc. that contain interesting detail that makes me feel like i'm the character witnessing whatever is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment