Wednesday 21 March 2012

Treat those the way you wish to be treated Personal Post 3

I am SO stressed and tired and just overall drained from school, friends, family and pretty much every other aspect of life. But one issue which i am currently frustrated with in particular is my job. I'm a server and it REALLY grinds my gears dealing with customers with attitudes after I pleasantly bring them their beverages. I'm sorry our prices increased, I'm sorry there's a fee for debit use and I'm sorry the table you wanted to sit at is taken. If I were to make the rules, perhaps it would be different. I treat you with respect so why can't you do the same? If it weren't for my regulars who have the ability to lift my spirit I don't know how I'd make it to the end of my shift. If you're miserable do not take it out on those around you, attempting to merely satisfy you.  We deal with enough people who take out their stress and dissatisfaction on us already, so please keep in mind all your service providers are people too. You are not better than them, so don't act as though you are.

2 comments:

  1. I work as a waitress, at a retirement home. I SO feel your pain. All we do is carry your food from the kitchen to the seating area. I did not cook your food, therefore I have no control over preparing time, temperature, or taste. I could go on.

    Don't you wish you could just tell them all that? Keep on trucking!

    ReplyDelete