Wednesday 9 May 2012

Writing Reflection 4

It's definitely time to catch up on these... so here we go. A couple weeks ago we had to write about a significant moment in our life. I chose to write about when I was first diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, which was when I was 11. Writing about the moment brought back the memory of being diagnosed and all the little details about it. It reminded me of how scared I felt when the doctor told me I was going to have to deal with a non-functioning pancreas. Wait what?! What was he talking about? One of my organs that i wasn't specifically educated about, was no longer in service? No, no. I don't think so. I denied it for about 25 minutes, until I reached the Children's Hospital and the nurse on duty had no hesitation shoving a syringe into my body. Ouch, that was unexpected. It was hard coping with the shock, but I didn't mind being 100% catered to while laying in a hospital bed for four days. I enjoyed this assignment because it brought to my attention one of the largest struggles in my life that I was able to overcome. This assignment made me remember the details vividly.

No comments:

Post a Comment