Tuesday 5 June 2012

Reading Reflection 6

Book : The Help

Okay so I last left off with how Ms. Skeeter was just about to start getting some stories down for the book she was writing, in hopes of it being published, but Aibileen was too scared. Well after Miss Hilly belittled Aibileen one too many times, Aibileen changed her mind in a heart beat and gave Ms. Skeeter a call. Yes! I was so happy that Aibileen wanted to speak up. Ms. Skeeter needed more maids to tell their stories, so Aibileen tried to ask Minny. Minny stopped working for Ms. Walters, Hilly's mama and since Minny had a reputation of being so sassy she had difficulties finding another job. There was only one woman in the the entire town who was outta the loop. It was Ms. Celia Foote, Ms. Hilly's ex-boyfriend's new wife. Ms. Foote called Elizabeth to find out information on the charity but  Aibileen answered, and asked if she needed a maid, and got an interview with Minny. I was a little anxious to find out what would happen at the interview, and I hoped despite Minny's no-nonsense attitude, I really hoped she would get the job. Celia Foote and her husband live in a huge house on the outskirts of town. I could easily sense Minny's indimitation walking up to the front door, but when Ms. Foote opened the door, she was the farthest thing from a threat.

This is deffinitely one of the best books I have ever read and it never fails to keep me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment